Job Reference: 0206-GCBDD
My client is an international supplier of parts and equipment to the engineering and manufacturing industries. Due to continued expansion, they are seeking an enthusiastic Business Development Manager to join and strengthen their Field Sales team covering the Deeside area.
To seek new opportunities to profitably grow the business or specific accounts by securing new clients for the company through advertising, publishing and new media.
Work with the sales team and other managers to increase sales opportunities and maximise revenue.
Researching and sourcing potential business opportunities and contacts
Following up business leads and identifying new sales opportunities
Setting up client meetings
Preparing professional presentations for new clients, selling all the features of why they should move their custom over or stay with our company
Preparing and submitting formal business tenders and proposals
Managing ongoing business accounts whilst building new relationships
Communicate with other team members what your plans are for that week, where/who you will be visiting
To positively promote the company and its products and services and ensure that a professional image is provided at all times to customers and colleagues
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the confidence to approach people at all levels of seniority
- Ambitious and persistent
- Self-motivated and enjoy working to targets
- A natural networker
- Articulate, confident communicator and presenter
- Commercial knowledge to analyse market data and identify new opportunities
- Strong team player, but equally good at taking initiative
- Strong sales and negotiation techniques
- Preparing and presenting business tenders
- Managing business pitches
- Experience in engineering / technical sales is preferred
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Standard grades in English and Maths as a minimum
- Previously worked in sales, marketing or project management
- Management experience is desirable
- Competitive salary offered (negotiable dependent upon experience) with Company Car & bonus system
- Full UK Driving Licence (desirable)
- 22 days paid annual leave plus statutory holidays
- Company paid health cash plan after completion of successful probationary period.
To apply for this vacancy please fill out the form below: