Job Reference: 0603-JHHE
My client is currently looking for an experienced FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN for the South of England covering the Hertfordshire and Essex area.
The nature of the position is to carry out calibrations to various instruments on customer sites (of both client and third parties) in accordance to ISO 17025 standard. The industry can vary but including Oil and Gas, Water and Waste water, power, analytics, food and beverage etc.
For the role of Field Service Technician, candidates must be technically minded with diagnostic and analytical aptitude and able to work under their own initiative. Customer focused with the ability to understand the requirements and build a good rapport. Good preparation and organisation skills are also vital for this position.
* Efficient and effective calibrations to both product and third-party instruments (temperature, pressure, flow and level instruments).
* Providing pro-active customer care by dealing personally with customers throughout process.
* To adhere to each sites health and safety rules.
* Take on a lead role when working on site with any sub-contractor employed by the company.
* Lead a team of less experienced calibration technicians when required.
* To work to local and industry procedures and to comply with industry codes of practice and the quality management system
* Ensure your calibration tool kit is in good working order and within its calibration date.
* You are responsible for ensuring the relevant parts of your tool kit is sent back to head office for recalibration in a timely manner.
* Able to use reporting systems efficiently and work to deadlines to produce reports.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
* Educated to ONC level or equivalent in Electrical / Electronic Instrumentation or a Time Served Apprentice
* Technical knowledge of process control and process industries is essential.
* Health & Safety trained
* Have calibration experience
* Working knowledge of ISO standards
* Full UK Driving License & Passport
To apply for this vacancy please fill out the form below: