Job Reference: 0806-SMMEF
Supplying to the industrial, commercial and private sector, my client is a leading supplier of power distribution solutions throughout the UK. They have an opportunity for an experienced Mechanical / Electrical Fitter to carry out in-house production fitting/assembly, wiring and testing of power transformers.
- Your core duties will be the fitting of various types of distribution and power transformers
- You will prepare work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools and materials.
- You will assemble components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies
- You will be expected to maintain the highest level of workmanship standards and product quality ensuring products are produced and delivered OTIF to the customers requirements.
- You will check and complete all paperwork associated with the works order
- Performance of area housekeeping activities, including the prompt reporting of problems shortages or equipment breakdown
- Using general workshop machinery and hand tools related the fitting role
- Quality inspection of colleagues output.
- Hands on experience of working within a mechanical/electrical engineering environment is essential
- Experience of fitting power transformers is an advantage
- The ability to understand mechanical and schematic drawings
- A mechanical or electrical qualification is an advantage
- Experience of working within a continuous improvement environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work in a team or independently
- Strong attention to detail skills
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- 33 Days holiday including Bank Holidays
- Days only 9-day fortnight
Week 1: 7.45am – 4.45pm Monday to Thursday
Week 2: 7.45am – 4.45pm Monday to Thursday, 7.45am – 3.15pm Friday
2 x 10 minute paid breaks, 1 x 30 minute unpaid lunch break
- Overtime available
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Healthcare Scheme
- Canteen facility
- On site parking
To apply for this vacancy please fill out the form below: