Job Reference: 1810-BDMT
My client has an opportunity for an experience Metallurgical Test Technician to join their small, well established steel processing company based in Sheffield.
Working in a hot metal working environment, the main purpose of the role will be to take samples and prepare for testing.
* Working on the shop floor cutting samples
* Routine sample preparation including cleaning and polishing
* Carrying out some mechanical testing / hardness testing and evaluating results
* Maintaining and calibrating equipment eg micrometers and gauges
* Inputting information onto database
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
* Materials Science/Metallurgy or Materials based qualification e.g. BTEC/ONC/HNC.
* Experience of metallurgy in a production environment preferred
* Good problem solving skills, analytical approach with good numeracy and literacy skills
* Ability to work to deadlines
* Ability to work in a team and as well as on own initiative
* Able to follow processes and procedures to remain compliant with standards specifications
* Assisting with improvements to procedures and operating methods to increase efficiency
* IT Literate including MS Word and Excel
* Good written and verbal communication skills
Full time days position
Permanent role for the right candidate
To apply for this vacancy please fill out the form below: