Job Reference: 2209-SM-PW
Supplying to the industrial, commercial and private sector, my client is a leading supplier of power distribution solutions throughout the UK. They have an opportunity for an experienced Panel Wirer /Electrical Fitter to join the team at their Leeds site.
- Your core duties will be the wiring and assembly of components for Battery Trip Units from scratch.
- You will assemble components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies
- Crimping, looming and cable terminating work on control panels
- You will prepare work by studying assembly instructions, reading and interpreting electrical layout drawings and schematic wiring accordingly
- You will be expected to maintain the highest level of workmanship standards and product quality ensuring products are produced and delivered OTIF to the customers requirements.
- You will check and complete all paperwork associated with the works order
- Performance of area housekeeping activities, including the prompt reporting of problems shortages or equipment breakdown
- Using general workshop machinery and hand tools related to the fitting role
- Completion of work within allocated time scales.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience of electrical assembly and wiring of control panels is essential
- Cable end termination experience (Crimping/soldering) is essential
- Hold electrical qualifications and have knowledge of electrical regulations is essential
- The ability to understand electrical schematic drawings is essential
- Have good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of working collaboratively with other operations personnel
- Ideally experience of working within a continuous improvement environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Flexibility to assist in other departments when required
Salary and benefits:
- Working nine-day fortnight, plus two paid breaks
Week 1 – 7.45 am and 4.45 pm Monday to Thursday
Week 2 – 7.45 am to 4.45 pm Monday to Thursday and 7.45 am to 15.15 pm Friday
This gives an average of 37.5 hours per week and offers every second Friday off
- Rate negotiable
- Canteen facility with tea, coffee and milk provided
- Parking on site
To apply for this vacancy please fill out the form below: