Job Reference: 2702-JH-ISE
My client is currently looking for an experienced SALES ENGINEER – INTERNAL based from their Head Office in Manchester.
The nature of the position as the Internal Sales Engineer, will be to work in the Process Dept providing sales support to customers.
* Handle incoming customer enquiries by telephone and email
* Prequalify customers’ technical and commercial requirements
* Produce clear and accurate quotations
* Actively participate in the utilisation of websites for the purpose of cooperation and collaboration of business opportunities
* Follow up open opportunities with customers to negotiate quotation and close sale
* Prioritize workload and self-manage activities whilst keeping supervisor informed
* Work closely with all departments to develop and improve customer performance
* Carry out contract review to ensure accurate processing of orders
* Own and manage customer accounts including database maintenance and adherence to credit control procedures
* Enhance product knowledge via formal training, on the job training, and e-learning
* Liaise with Product Specialists and Industry Managers for complex applications
* Identify cross-selling opportunities and communicate with service and solutions to develop integrated offering and expand sale
* Maintain an understanding of the business including specific industry segments
* Commit to practicing the Customer Plus behaviours with customers and colleagues: be realistic, be there, build trust, think ahead, communicate, and make their day.
* Take ownership of complaints, returns, and other issues affecting customer satisfaction
* Commit fully to the company Performance & Development Review Process
* Work to the company Quality Assurance Procedures
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
* Ideally educated to Degree level – technical degree or equivalent relevant industry qualification.
* Must have English Language and Maths GCSEs
* Previous work experience in the process industry or with instrumentation is essential or alternatively have some commercial sales experience
* Good communication skills and telephone manner
* Excellent interpersonal skills and a high regard for exceptional customer service
* Computer literate
* Able to multi-task & work under pressure
* Prioritize and organise own workload
* Questioning techniques
* Consultative selling approach
To apply for this vacancy please fill out the form below: